hello!

This companion blog mainly hosts links that I want to mark for later reference. It's my virtual collection. As I read through literally thousands of blog postings, patterns naturally reveal themselves. Hey, it's a hobby that I enjoy. All links are gathered manually, i.e., I do not use any kind of automated search query. I figure I might as well share what I've found. Plus, I'm using this as a tester blog, so you might see a few oddities from time to time.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

dark-eyed juncos

It's interesting to me that I find patterns and trends among nature bloggers. This winter I've seen a flurry of snowy owl and snow geese posts, even though there have been very few actual snow flurries this mild winter across North America. Since I'm not a birder, I don't really know what that means. See my virtual snowy owl blog collection that I started November 2011 and a collection of snow geese posts from December to January.

For now, I've become fascinated by the dark-eyed junco, a bird I see right outside my back door, too:
http://dansbirdingblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-300th-bird.html

http://www.thegardenroofcoop.com/2012/02/snow-and-snowbirds.html

No comments: